Address & Phone
1200 North State Street
The Belhaven Building
Jackson, MS 39202
601-352-2273 Map / Directions
Hours of Operation
Regular clinic hours are 8-4:30 Monday through Thursday, and 8-12:30 Friday.
Access Baptist Premier Patient Portal
The Medical Clinic began in 1949 when Dr. E.L. Posey returned to Jackson from the Mayo Clinic and opened an office to practice internal medicine on the corner of Manship and North Street. Dr. Samuel L. Stephenson joined Dr. Posey in 1952. Dr. F. Earl Fyke, Jr. joined the practice in 1957 after returning from military service and specialty training at the Mayo Clinic. Jackson Medical Associates also had its beginning in 1945 when Dr. David Jennings Vanlandingham established an internal medicine practice in Jackson. Dr. J. Manning Hudson merged his practice with Dr. Vanlandingham in the mid 1950's. Dr. Robert E. Tyson, who had practiced in Holly Springs, joined the team in 1965. In 1971, Jackson Medical Associates was established as a professional association when Dr. Dale Read, an endocrinologist joined the group. On January 2, 1996, two of the premier internal medicine clinics in central Mississippi joined forces. Jackson Medical Clinic was formed by the merger of Jackson Medical Associates, P.A. and The Medical Clinic, P.A., and the group joined together at The Colonnades medical office building in 1998. In 2008, the physicians of Central Medical Clinic partnered with the Jackson Medical Clinic physicians and relocated to the offices in The Colonnades medical office building, unifying the group with the name Premier Medical Group of Mississippi. In 2015, the group founded more than 50 years ago joined the Baptist Health Systems network, with the continuing commitment of providing quality care for their patients and referring doctors, serving both the Jackson and regional areas.
- Comprehensive Adult Health Screening
- Inpatient and Outpatient Management of Adult Health
- Osteoporosis Screening Program
- Comprehensive laboratory equipped for full diagnostic testing
- Radiology department with all basic diagnostic services plus mammography with digital over-read, bone densitometry, CT scanning and ultrasonography
- In-house cardio/pulmonary diagnostic testing, including treadmill stress testing, 24-hour Holter monitoring, ambulatory blood pressure monitoring, and pulmonary function studies
- Full-service in-house endoscopy laboratory facility for a wide range of gastrointestinal procedures
- Nationally accredited sleep disorders center
- Physical therapy center
- Clinic for anticoagulation therapy maintenance
Our physicians participate in a wide variety of health plans. Please call for more information.
We are located in The Belhaven Building at 1200 N. State Street in Jackson, MS, across the street from Baptist Medical Center. A covered parking area is conveniently adjacent to the clinic. Premier Patient 1st Clinic and Premier Heart Health Clinic patients may enter via Poplar Boulevard and park in the adjacent parking area. All other patients may enter via Manship Street and park in the covered garage.
Outpatient Department of Baptist Medical Center
This physician practice is integrated with Baptist Medical Center as an Outpatient Department of the hospital. Care provided at one of Baptist's Outpatient Departments is billed under a process called Provider Based Billing. Billing statements patients receive for services provided will result in a facility charge as well as professional charge for outpatient services and/or procedures.